At Bluestones Medical Complex Care, we put our candidates first. We look out for them, offer them fantastic pay rates and support them to develop within their careers. Find out more about the benefits we offer to our candidates HERE
We aim to have you fully compliant and fit for work in as little as 2 weeks!
There is very little in the onboarding process that is not in your control, but our Candidate Development Team will work with you to get you through the process as quickly as possible.
Our top tips for a quick registration:
- Keep in contact – We’ll be on hand to support you throughout the entire process. Keep your eyes peeled for emails/WhatsApps from us and be sure to give us a call if you’re stuck with anything at all.
- Complete sections in any order – You may not always have all the documents you need to hand, so just fill out what you can and come back to the rest.
- Keep going – we understand that our onboarding process is rigourous. However, this is essential to ensure we can keep our status as an on-framework agency. Our CDT team will do everything they can to support you and have even guided someone through the entire process and got them out working with us in just 4 DAYS!
If you don’t have a Child and Adult cleared DBS certificate, the Candidate Development Team will support you to apply for a new one. This can take a little while to process, so it will be one of the first things we do.
The cost is £44 and once you receive your certificate in the post, its can be registered on the update service within 30 days of the certificate issue date at a cost of £13 per year. Your certificate will then be transferrable.
Click HERE to be taken to the DBS update service.
Mandatory training is a compliance requirement. This includes basic life support, basic first aid, defib awareness and manual handling.
If you have evidence of any mandatory training you have completed, we’ll check it out and ensure it’s legible.
If it’s not, don’t worry, we’ll simply get you booked on one of our mandatory training sessions with our Clinical Manager ASAP.
Please ensure that timesheets you wish to be processed for the following week are sent to us no later than 11am on the Monday of the week you wish to be paid. We appreciate that delays can occur that may prevent you from doing this but please try to stick to the deadline to avoid delays to our payroll process.
- Timesheets received before 9.30am on Monday – Money available to claim from 2pm Monday to 10am Tuesday
- Timesheets received before 9.30am on Tuesday- Money available to claim from 2pm Tuesday to 10am Wednesday
- Timesheets received before 9.30am on Thursday -Money available to claim from 2pm Thursday to 10am Friday
Please note: As a PAYE candidate, only 50% of your gross pay will be available for you to claim during this time. We allow a 50% buffer to ensure you have enough money remaining to pay the correct amount of tax, national insurance and any other deductions agreed with HMRC.
You must also have the “Access Early Pay” app set up and registered on your device of choosing.
Any withdrawal of funds for Rapid Pay with PAYE is subject to a £2.75 fee (paid to the company in control of the app, not Bluestones Medical). Any unclaimed funds in the “Access Early Pay” app after 2pm will be transferred to your standard weekly pay the following week.
You can make a referral HERE.
To be eligible to receive our referral bonus, you must currently be working for Bluestones Medical Complex Care.
How to claim your bonus
Please fill out the above ‘refer and friend’ form in full. You and your referral will need to contact us / your consultant as soon as the required criteria has been met (see below)
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you provide us will correct and relevant information when filling out our referral form.
- Failure to provide the correct information at the point of referral will make you and your referral ineligible to receive the bonus.
- Both you and your referral must have worked at least 3 shifts before you are eligible for the bonus.
- Both you and your referral must have at least 1 month of your desired work pattern shifts booked in at the time of referral payment in order to qualify.
- We pay the £300 referral fee out for anyone that becomes a full-time worker for us. This is anyone who works 3+ shifts per week for us on a regular basis. You can split the fee in half with your referral if you wish.
- We pay a £200 referral fee out for anyone that becomes a part-time worker for us. This is anyone who works at least 1 shift per week for us on a regular basis. You can split the fee in half with your referral if you wish.
- We pay a £100 referral fee out for anyone that becomes an ad-hoc worker for us. This is anyone who picks up at least 1 shift per month for us on a regular basis. You can split the fee in half with your referral if you wish.
- The number of people you can refer to us is limitless.
- You cannot refer the same individual more than once. Each of your referrals must be different.
- Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018, you as the recommender confirm you understand that Bluestones Medical Complex Care cannot release any information relating to a recommended candidate’s application, current registration status, or any other personal information except for confirmation of the number of shifts they have worked, for the purposes of confirming when your bonus will be paid.
- You cannot refer a friend without filling out our form. Payments will only be paid if we have this form on file.
- A recommended candidate’s application will be reviewed against our recruitment criteria to assess and ensure suitability. Any decision made on prospective applicants is at the sole discretion of Bluestones Medical Complex Care, and as such, no payment will be due for referrals of candidates who do not meet our recruitment criteria or fail to successfully complete their registration with us.
- You can only recommend a social care professional who HAS NOT worked for Bluestones Medical Complex Care before.
- All bonus payments are subject to tax deduction. Bonus payments are non-transferable.
- You and your referral must be in a compliant status with Bluestones Medical Complex Care to receive your payments. Should your compliance lapse or expire prior to referral payments being made, you will not be eligible for payment.
- Bluestones Medical Complex Care reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of this scheme at their absolute discretion.
- Bluestones Medical Complex Care reserves the right to withdraw this scheme at any time and is under no obligation to inform candidates, introduce a replacement scheme or offer compensation.
- Bluestones Medical Complex Care reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of this scheme at its absolute discretion.
- Download the Bluestones Scheduler app. Click HERE to download it from the Apple App Store or click HERE for Google Play Store
- Check your email inbox for an email from Bluestones Scheduler with the subject line ‘Welcome to Bluestones Scheduler’
- Click the link within that email & set your new password
- Click ‘add to scheduler’
- Log in with your new password
- Click ‘allow access’
- You should now be logged in and ready to explore your new app!
Bluestones Scheduler allows you to be in control of your working life.
- View your processed timesheets
- Search for and book shifts
- Update your availability to let us know when you’re free to work
- Easily upload and view your compliance documents
- View your holiday entitlement
Check out the Bluestones Scheduler user guide for more information
f you have an issue with Bluestones Scheduler, you should make your consultant aware of this ASAP. They will be able to liaise with our Business Systems Manager to get the issue fixed as quickly as possible.
You can find ‘how to’ videos on using Bluestones Scheduler by checking out the user guide.
Alternatively, you can speak to your consultant and they will be happy to support you and answer any questions you may have.