Title: Support worker
Salary: £15 – Nights £14 – days
Ready to make a truly life-changing impact?
At Bluestones Medical Complex Care, we are leading the way in innovative and progressive care for children with complex needs. Our aim is to nurture and develop young people into independent, responsible adults using our pioneering SEED model.
We are constantly evolving our care practices and therapies to provide the highest quality support tailored to each individual. Our passionate teams work tirelessly to help our young people thrive and achieve their full potential.
We are shaping the future of complex care through our compassionate, forward-thinking approach and are looking for support workers to join us on this journey.
We offer a competitive rate of pay and benefits package, including personal development and progression opportunities within our growing company.
Salary/Rate of Pay
- Days – £14ph
- Nights £15ph
- ‘Sleep-in’ rate (11pm-8am) – £68
What we will offer you in return
- Industry-leading pay rates
- Flexible work – find the work-life balance that suits you
- Rapid Pay – option to get paid for a shift within a day or two
- Free Blue Light Card
- Free mandatory training
- Free specialist training (including PMVA/Breakaway, self-harm, exploitation and more)
- Regular mentoring and upskilling opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme worth up to £300*
- Opportunities to progress (NVQs etc.)
- Access to our in-house clinical team for support and advice whenever you need it
- Provide quality care and support to a young person with complex care Assisting with personal care, facilitating activities, and providing emotional support
- Providing support and care to children with disabilities and/or challenging behaviour
- Building positive relationships with the children, their families and other professionals involved in their care
- Maintaining accurate records and report any concerns to the relevant parties
- Ensuring that best practice is implemented throughout all areas of the care package
- Have a genuine, authentic desire to better the life of the young person
- Long Days; 8am-8pm
- Nights; 8pm-8am
- Long Day Sleep; 8am-11pm followed by a 11pm-8am ‘sleep’
We are looking for practitioners who are flexible and able to weekdays, evenings and weekends around the needs of the service.
- Must have a Full UK Driving licence
- Level 2 or above in health and social care
- 12 months experience working with children & Young People is desirable; however training will be provided.
- Flexibility and understanding that we are open all year round, this role does entail working bank holidays (including Christmas days)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with children, families, and multidisciplinary teams
- Compassionate, patient and empathetic towards children with complex needs
- Ability to work in a team and follow guidelines and procedures
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.